Saturday, November 20, 2010

Taper time...again!

I am officially into my taper period! However, this time around I do not feel like I am ready to taper nor am actually tapering.  Oh oh!  I am doing a two-week taper instead of my usual three but I do not feel it's going so well.  I had a great week last week fitting in a good 17km run, 110km ride, an interval run and some trainer sessions.  I was disciplined enough to run 17km before my day shift starting my run just before 5am!  I was really proud of that!  Then on Sunday I went out for my last long ride.  I had 100km on the schedule but I was aiming for about 140km to make up for some lost time on the bike.  Guess it was a sign that I was not to go as long as the rain, mud, and cold got to us on our ride and we stopped at about 110km and took the GO train home.  But this week felt pretty disasterous!  My 17km run turned into a 13km shuffle.  I was really struggling and it just wasn't happening so I ended the run early feeling like I had no energy.  Same goes for my trainer rides this week;  I just felt weak and had little energy to complete my workouts.  I just hope this is my usual blah feeling during the taper rather that not being fully prepared for this IM coming up quickly!
                                                    


pics from my wet, cold, and muddy ride!

No comments: