Thursday, November 11, 2010

Less is more.....right?!

Well, I hope so!!!  I am feeling slightly undertrained for Ironman Cozumel coming up in less than three short weeks!!!  Eek!!!  And I am a little worried about it!  Last year, I felt stronger going into IMCoz after IMC, but this year I do not have the same feeling.  Even though the weather has been much more favourable for training over last year's wet and cold fall, I have not had the chance to go out on my bike as much.  Getting sick didn't help and work just sucked the life out of me since we moved hospitals and then of course there was my little rendez-vous to Taiwan that went into my training time.  So I am right now banking on my IMC training this year to get through IMCoz.  I am still hoping for a PB and I figure if I stay strong on the run I should be able to.  I did put in some long runs since IMC including a few 20km runs and a 30km run so I hope I have gained some points there.  I am just worried about the bike.  I was suppose to ride 180km the day after I arrived home from Taiwan but that just did not happen.  I was hoping but I was just too lazy after the long flight home to unpack and reassemble my bike early enough to fit in a long ride.  I did ride about 105km the other day and felt great.  I cut the ride short for lack of sunlight as I was originally aiming for about 160km.    So that has been my longest ride since IMC.  I didn't feel tired or anything at the end but another 80km is still another 80km and who knows how I will feel like at the end of that.  So....we'll see!  I will be doing a two week taper this time around and am hoping I am not getting sick again!  I think the travelling, the jet-lag, and the night shifts are getting to me a bit.  I should start popping that ColdFX everyday! LOL!  Up next: 17km run after I wake up later today!

No comments: