Thursday, April 21, 2011

Here I go again!

So I have developed a habit, whether it be good or bad, of deciding to race pretty last minute.  And I am talking about pretty big races.  In the past this included Rhode Island 70.3 (I registered on site), Taiwan 70.3 (got in after registration sold out), and Ironman Cozumel (also got in after registration sold out), plus numerous local races.  I was trying to veer from that this year and stick to my race plan.  But once again, I was talked into another race! LOL!

This time, my friend Leanna, convinced me to join her to St. Petersburg, Florida to race the St. Anthony's Triathlon next weekend!  Yup....NEXT weekend! :)  I haven't raced an olympic distance tri in years!  This race is part of the new 5150 Ironman series so I am sure there will be quite the expo and event hype.  To tell you the truth, I was a bit tentative about the idea of going away to race as I was planning on training hard on my days off preparing for my ironman.  And there is also the cost of going away to race.  I still have to find a flight and deal with bike airline fees.  I wasn't planning on spending this money especially since I also had to give away a shift at work to do this.  But Leanna convinced me and it is also hard to say no to some fun in the sun!  I just really hope the weather turns out great as I am kind of tired of not so stellar training and racing weather. LOL!

Sunshine, here I come!  I need to top up my tan anyhow!  It's been a little too long! ;)

No comments: