Friday, July 13, 2012

One month to go!!!!

Only 4 short weeks to show time! Eek!!!!

I have been putting in the work but I am a little worried that I have been doing too much.  If it was just training alone it would be just fine. But working full time plus overtime shifts feels like it's taking a toll on me and my poor body just a bit!  Still logging about 16-23 hrs of training a week.  On top of this I think I am lacking in the sleep department!  Hmmm....need to fix this asap!!!!

I have to date put in two 30km runs which is more than I have ever done before any IM.  One run was good the other one was a bit of a suffer fest!  And on Wednesday I put in my biggest training day for the year (for now) - 4.5km swim with the masters club, 164km bike ride, followed by a 10km run.  Afterwards, I jumped straight into the shower and then went into work for a 12hr night shift!  I still cannot believe I did that and that I pulled that off!  The ride was pretty awesome though!  Rode to Lake Simcoe and back and here are some pics:



The water looked so clear and so tempting I really wanted to jump in and swim for a bit!  Maybe next time!  I also had company on the ride which was awesome!  We'll have to do that again for sure!

In the injury department - my left foot with the plantar fasciitis is doing really well!  I am almost pain free!  It only starts to hurt me for the last 5km or so of my long runs.  But at least I can wake up now and not limp to the bathroom.  My first few steps after sleeping are pretty much pain free!  Woohoo!!!  I can't say the same thing about my right hamstring though.  It seems that I may have pulled it as well as having a piriformis issue too! Boo!  It hurts immediately when I start running.  Walking hurts too.  Funny thing is that when I run 30km, by the time I reach about 20km everything hurts anyway! Ha!  I have been getting treatment on that as well so I hope it sorts itself out so I can race IM relatively pain free!  I guess there is always Advil!

I took next week off of work so I can focus on training and recovery for my last big week of training!  And guess where I am going!?  To my 2nd home and my favourite place to train: Parry Sound!!!!!  I hope you guys are ready for me!? lol! ;)

No comments: