Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Race #3, 4, and 5

Pheww!  I just survived my crazy five week race schedule which kicked off with Ironman NYC and ended with Savageman 100!  I SURVIVED!!!!! Lol!!!!

I will write up proper race reports soon but I thought I should just post a quick recap of the last 3 races in the last 2 weeks with back to back half ironmans!

Muskoka 70.3 was race #3 and as expected, it was a tough one!  I did improve my time by about 8min from last year but was disappointed with my bike split.  I found it was a windier day but I rode pretty much the same split as I did last year.  I made up my time from the run which I managed to push hard and stayed focused.

Then the following weekend I went down to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland with eight other guys for the Savageman race weekend for race #4 and 5.  I was nervous and even scared for the half ironman which included massive climbs such as the Westernport Wall hitting a 31% grade, Big Savage Mtn hitting 21% grade, Killer Miller with a max 22% grade, and several climbs at 15+ % grades!  By far this was the hardest race I have ever done!  I will also post a video of my attempt up the wall which may give you a laugh! Ha!  I did manage a 3rd place in the women Savageman 100 (combined time of the Olympic and half IM races).  It was quite the experience though.

I now have about 5 weeks before my next race which I am really hoping to smash and PB!  But first, a little bit of recovery and then back into some training!

No comments: