Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowmageddon, huh?!?

Well today was suppose to be this huge snowstorm in TO where they were calling for 30cm of blowing snow.  I was actually looking forward to it too...just too see lots of snow!  But it didn't happen.  We got about 15cm.  And so I went out for my run today before work and grabbed my camera (since I had an easy run scheduled) and took some shots.  Didn't get lots of nice ones as the sun was setting but it sure did look beautiful out there!



my backyard! ;) this is the cemetery behind my condo where I do a lot of my runs! it is actually very pretty and great for running!


On the training front, I have yet to have a day off from training since I started back at the beginning of January!  I put in another 13+ hrs last week.  And I am seeing some gains on the trainer as I am now able to increase my power output on the bike.  Tomorrow I am scheduled for a threshold test so I'll see how that goes.  I also joined the masters running group at UofT last week and really did have a good time!  I was actually intimidated by them for the longest time because I am not a fast runner but they were very welcoming, encouraging, and I wasn't the slowest runner either! ;)  So I think I will try to make it out every Thursday and run with them as long as I am not scheduled to work. (well, and as long as Ming has it in the plan!)

My race season is almost all confirmed.  I have now registered for the Montreal half marathon and the Chicago marathon!  This is in addition to the Chilly Half marathon, Ironman France, and Steelhead 70.3 that I have already registered for.  I just need to figure out exactly which half ironman I will be doing in May.  All the other races are pretty much set in stone, I just have to register for them as well.

I also may be heading back up to Parry Sound this weekend for some more skiing action!!! Yay!!!  Pretty excited about that! :)  Just hope the weather cooperates so I can safely make the trip!

1 comment:

Gareth said...

I know a nice, easy half ironman in May - St. Croix.

We're booked and just know you want to join us ;-)