Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In the zone!

I just completed week two of getting back into training and I am happy to say I am in the training zone!  Last week I logged just over 13hrs of swimming, biking (on the trainer), and running (treadmill and outdoors).  And to top it off, I ran 17km today in the frigid cold without having a day off of training yet since I started two weeks ago.  And I am happy about that! :)  Last year at this time I had no motivation to get going.  This time I have Ming watching my back and so I am accountable to him and need to get my butt in gear!  Which is the reason why I have a coach.  I need to be accountable to someone otherwise I would just let my daily life take over and not train as much.  I am not doing very long training sessions right now but they are intense.  Hopefully this does pay off once the race season starts!  I am looking forward to racing again and can't wait!

Also, I have managed to maintain my race weight over the holidays! Yay!  Getting sick probably helped though.  I usually gain about 5lbs over the winter and lose it once training gets serious.  Last year I actually lost about 10lbs by the time I headed into Cozumel.  I am still at my pre-Cozumel weight so that is good.  And with all this training, I am either going to gain weight in muscles or lose some more.  I'll wait and see what happens.  I am not consciously trying to lose weight.  I eat what my body needs and what my stomach wants and just let the rest happen on its own.  I do have to stop eating whole jars of Nutella though, but I can't help it sometimes! Lol! 

And my update on Limey: well it turns out that Guru can no longer replace the frame because they do not make a 650c version of the Crono equivalent they have in the market now.  So they will now completely rebuild the frame.  I have yet to figure out what that exactly means.  Anyhow, in return they said I can have whatever paint job I want including the SFX ones (aka fancy paint!).  So I went with the SFX vermilion which is an orangy-red colour and orion (silver).  Hope it turns out great!  It was hard to part with the lime green since I do love it and I would get soooo many compliments on it.  However, change is always good and I did ride Limey for three seasons.  Hopefully I can get as many compliments on my new machine as I did with Limey! ;)

No comments: