Friday, May 3, 2013

Babysteps...

This is my motto right now in my return to running.  After I got the ok to run at the beginning of April I have followed the docs instructions.  I started with 2km every other day and have been slowly increasing my distance every week.  I am at 5km now! :)  My pace started off pretty slow and I have slowly been dropping my pace per km.  However, I am still no where near my normal pace.  I have been attributing this to lack of running fitness and am really just happy that I am back on the road.  I was thrilled to be running my 5km under 30min, lol!!!  Until I had another follow up with the doc this week.  He asked me about my pace times, then told me I was slow! Haha!  I know I am relatively slow, but hey! Lol!  Seriously though, he was referring to my normal pace times.  He wants me to get another PRP injection next week.  He told me that it would not be as painful as the first time and it would not set me back that much.  I have full intentions of doing the Ironman this year (and I told him this) and I have confirmed my registration for two half Ironmans.  I really am not sure what to do but am booked for now for another injection next week.  So I have pulled the plug on my first two races I was hoping to do and will make my race debut at the end of June at the Mt. Tremblant 70.3.

I have been feeling like I am returning a little more to normal in the training department.  Yesterday I rode my bike outdoors for the first time out of the city for three hours (minus the bike commuting) and then went to yoga all after working six night shifts.  The day before I swam, biked, and ran! :) This is more like toddler steps!!!  I've got two months to get myself half ironman ready!  I can do it! :)

No comments: