Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I can swim!

Went to swim practice tonight and surprised myself!  It was a good set tonight with a mix of 100s and 75s IMs and free.  I wasn't feeling all that great in the pool tonight and my legs felt a bit tired and sore from my tempo run last night.  I still sort of kept up with my lane mates who normally swim one lane up from me.  At the end of the workout was a timed 100 which I almost by-passed because of how I felt but I still did it.  It was an all out 100m but I know it wasn't my best b/c it was at the end of the night after a tough set.  I somehow still clocked in at 1:20!  1:20!  Really?!?!  I didn't think I was capable of swimming a 1:20!  Woohoo!!!!  50m pool short course.  Now imagine if I felt fresh!  This was enough proof that I have improved my swimming this past year.  I felt I was swimming faster and maintaining faster pace times....but this 100m result definitely made my night!  Now if only I can get my running up to par!

No comments: