Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cycling adventures with Terri!

I have not had a day off training since the Welland Half.  On the Wednesday, I travelled to St. Catharines to stay and train with my friend Terri and had a great time!  We did a short 50km ride when I arrived.  The next day was Canada Day and we celebrated by riding to Niagara Falls, Fort Erie, Queenston, and even through the Friendship Festival waving the Canadian flag!  Total trip was 145km.  Longest ride of the year for me so far.  In the evening, we went to Terri's friend's place and enjoyed some food, wine, and music.  Friday we were planning on a 100km ride with a stop at Hutch's for some fries and ice cream.  Well, because we went through the escarpement it took us about 75km to get there.  We did enjoy some fries and coke but was too full to have some ice cream.  We decided to ride back on the Service Rd to prevent us from having another epic ride.  However, we weren't that successful. 
At the end we still rode about 135km and we finished tired.  We did have a great ride though.  We ended my stay with an early 45km ride on the canal this morning at 7am...nice and easy!  I had a great time and put in some good mileage.  My legs definitely feel it now.  I will soon be off for my long run tonight and then I will have to prep for the Swim/Bike at the Peterborough Half IM tomorrow.  A very last minute decision to race the Aquabike but it should be fun.  Legs will be tired after this week so it will be interesting.  I almost want to do another half again, maybe see if I can redeem my run from last week.  I did do back-to-back Half IMs last year so I know its doable, however, it may not be the smartest thing to do.  So I will force myself to run tonight so then I will not pull any silly stunts tomorrow! Haha! :) 

No comments: