Friday, August 27, 2010

Relaxing in Skaha...

I am here in Penticton doing the typical Ironman stuff...tapering, eating, doing a few workouts here and there, registering, and buying some swag!  The house here is great and it's just off of Lake Skaha!  Already been in the hot tub twice!  The company is great and I'm having some fun here!  I did somehow manage to either pull some sort of muscle or pinched a nerve or something in my left upper back/shoulder...not sure what I did but I hurt it when I was putting on my wetsuit for an easy swim this morning.  It now hurts to move my shoulder, so swimming hurt, and it hurts to move my neck/head, and even to breathe.  Ugh!  Not fun!  I am hoping it will sort itself out soon because race day will not be as much fun but I am sure I will be ok.  Adrenaline will take over and if that doesn't work...there is always Advil!  Haha!

Here are some pics of the bike course.  My friend Brian and I drove the course today and it was a quick reminder of how beautiful and how challenging this bike course is!


Along Richter's Pass

Forest fires visible along the out and back section

Yellow Lake

On the other side of Lake Skaha

No comments: