Sunday, September 19, 2010

Some crazy triathletes!

I did my first longish workout yesterday after work and I felt pretty good!  AJ, Ming, and I went up to Lake Wilcox to swim and bike. Yes, that's right...open water swim in the middle of September and it was cold! Whose bright idea was that?!?!  Ok...so I went voluntarily so I am just as much to blame.  LOL!  I wasn't too bad with my wetsuit, double silicone caps, and some booties.  After the initial shock of the cold water it was ok.  I swam 2km....a slow 2km, and I was done.  AJ went on for 4km.  But Ming....ohhhh.....poor Ming!   He forgot his wetsuit so ended up swimming in a speedsuit that AJ had with him.  Not too sure how long he swam for but he turned back early and pretty much froze to death.  When I got to shore Ming was shaking uncontrollably!  Got to admit, it was a bit funny!  After Ming recovered and AJ was done his swim, we went out for a ride.  We rode for about an hour and I was on my road bike as Limey is not home yet.  I am not as comfortable on the road bike but it wasn't too bad.  It was an easy ride for the guys and I hung on just fine until the end when I was starting to get a bit tired.  The combination of coming off a night shift and working so many nights in a row was getting to me.  But it was great to ride outside as this was my first time on a bike since IMC.  Hmmm....wonder if we are going to open water swim next week???

No comments: