Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Welcome 2011!!!!

I am excited for what this year may hold for me!  I've got a tentative race plan and hope to make some more gains and break more ground in the getting faster and stronger world!

Unfortunately, my training has once again been sidelined as I once again got sick! :(  I barely just got over my last cold and then I get the flu!  I have never been hit so strong before by illness in my adult life like I was last week.  I went up to Parry Sound and skate skiied for two days, did a 45min run, and then was hit by a Mac truck with the flu.  I spent all of Wednesday either in bed or on the couch!  I felt so bad that I travelled to visit my second family only to get sick and take over their couch for the day :(  Everything ached and I had a fever and the chills and had little to no energy to even sit upright.  I was very well taken care of  (thank-you!) and was slowly feeling better by night time.  Had to go into work by Friday for New Years and survived my three day shifts...barely!  But this time I resorted to drugs to get over this last bout as I need to start building up again in my training.  Feeling much better now but I do have a pretty wicked cough and still have a head/chest cold.  Hopefully I get back to 100% really soon! ;)

I did have a blast skiing and am looking forward to trying it out again really soon!!!  And I am told its good cross training so maybe this will help me get stronger as well!  We'll see!  Hopefully I can get back to Parry Sound before the winter is over and ski some more!

I wish everyone a healthy, safe, and happy new year!!!  All the best in 2011!!!

No comments: