Saturday, July 16, 2011

Getting my running legs back....slowly!

Tomorrow will be three weeks since the Ironman and I think my recovery is going well.  I started somewhat training again this week.  I jumped right back into swimming and swam with the masters group three times and logged a total of 12km.  I feel pretty good in the pool except that my right leg completely cramped up when we got into the heart of the swim set on my first day back.  Boo!  I've been on my commuter bike almost everyday since I got back getting to and from work and the pool so that is some cycling.  Not much but it can account for something, right? ;)  Then I went out for my first run yesterday.  That was when I realized that my legs are a little more trashed than I expected.  It was slow and I just went out for 5km and I felt ok but today my quads and calf muscles really feel it.  So I went out again today!  I tried to push the pace a little bit more and I went out for about 7km.  Sore right now but happy that I went out for a run.  I also signed up for another local race for next weekend!  More for fun and to kick start my training again.  So I will be heading to the Belwood triathlon with a friend next Sunday and I will see what I can do!  I probably will not see some fast times but I plan on having some fun out there!

No comments: