Sunday, July 24, 2011

Quick update!

This will be a short post as I actually want to get some sleep before heading to work!  I headed up to Parry Sound on Thursday right after work for a short visit with my second family! ;)  I came off of six night shifts in a row, went straight there via the bus, and then participated in the club time trial.  Since I did not bring my bike I borrowed Morgan's and her bike shared some of her speed with me.  I PB'd the bike portion, yay!  With no sleep and that was my first time on a bike (besides my single speed) since the Ironman.  The run was another story!  Friday I had a fabulous day watching the tour, rode a hard 90km bike ride with Marianne, and then spent the evening in Snug Harbour for a dip and a sail in Georgian Bay!  Saturday I joined the guys for the club ride before heading home and it was another hard one!  I felt like I was time trialing most of it but I did not get dropped.  However, I knew I kind of just destroyed my legs for today's race!  Great workout though!  So today I headed to Belwood for the sprint triathlon.  I'll write up a proper report but I managed a 7th place finish out of 21 in my age group.  I did struggle today especially on the run.  But considering that I did not do much running since IM I am pleased I was able to gut this one out!  I signed up for this race as a kick start to resume training and I think I am ready to get back into it! Goal accomplished!

No comments: