Monday, September 26, 2011

More races...oh oh!

I have been a delinquent in the posting department.  I really do hope to write up a couple of race reports soon!  I do want to report that I have added three more races to my 2011 season!  If I wrote a report right after my last race (Centurion 50), I would have wrote about how I was done with racing for the year.  I mentally checked out of that race too and didn't actually race it.  More on that in another post when I get around to it.  I wanted some down time so I could get mentally strong for Chicago which I really want to do well at.  I am happy to report that I did do another 30km run (31k to be exact) and I did a 25km run just this past weekend.  I think I have the mileage under me...well I really hope so.  Not sure about the speed though.  I have also started to incorporate some power yoga into my training.  But now I got talked into some cross country races.  Mind you, no arm twisting was involved but I had two parties trying to get me to do this.  Lol!  I have been training with the UofT masters run group (UTTC and part of my torture Thursdays!) and love it!  I've been having fun with the group (while getting my butt kicked) and wanted to take part in a team event.  So I decided to give this cross country running thing a go.  I have never done this before and am excited and nervous about it.  I joked that I am more nervous about this than an Ironman! Haha!  I just hope I can make the team proud although I doubt I will be contributing any points.  This Sunday will be the first race at Taylor Creek Park for 5km.  Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

foreknowledge ltd said...

You will have no problem with this "little" X-country, Wendy ... a literal stroll in the park for you. And who the heck is "kicking your butt" on Thursdays? No one I've seen!

Duncan