Monday, September 12, 2011

Muskoka - the quick and dirty!

I will write up a proper race report in the next couple of days but here is a short recap of the day!  I am actually quite disappointed with myself and my performance out there yesterday.  I was actually pretty bummed about it last night.  I had an ok swim and bike.  The bike is a very challenging one and I think I did a pretty good job of attacking it.  I even had a guy pass me at the start of the run thanking me for being his pace bunny on the bike! LOL!  He said he was chasing me the whole time and couldn't pass me but I kept him in check!  Thought that was funny.  Oh....but the run.  What to say!?  By the 2km mark I was done.  And I mentally checked out!  Which is what I am very disappointed in.  I couldn't fight through this one for some reason.  Then I was wondering if I was just over-raced.  Maybe doing Guelph wasn't the smartest thing but thought it was a good prep for yesterday.  Who knows!? All I know was that I didn't want to be out there on the run and I let myself give up.  It is a VERY challenging run course with never ending hills.  You just keep going up and down and whatever I did I could not get my pace down.  Going to take the next few days off and then start really focusing on the running for Chicago.  I really wanted to end the tri season on a high note and this was not it! Boo!  Well, another half ironman in the books and I will need to take this as a learning experience some how!  On the bright side, I was 20min faster than the last time I did this course in 2008 but not sure if that accounts for much! Ha!

2 comments:

foreknowledge ltd said...

well that says something ... 20 minutes faster than the last time on this course and you're disappointed. And you gave up on the run! Ha ... I'd say that means you had a fantastic season and should be proud, because you worked very hard both physically and mentally to accomplish all these great results this year. Need help with the running? I know a group who'd love to help you out ;)

Duncan

Wendy said...

thx duncan! ;) i'll be there on thursday!!!! see you then!!!!