Thursday, December 29, 2011

It could be worse! ;)

I decided to make an appointment to see a sports medicine doc after my fall two weeks ago jumping up the stairs at track practice.  A week after the fall I tried to run and I pushed myself more than I should have.  I ran 16km but it was a very painful 16km.  My right foot felt like it should not have been in the shoe and I resorted to walking the last bit home because it was hurting too much.   I gave it more rest and tried to run again.  Same thing but this time I did not run as far.  Ok...I fully admit that was not a smart thing to do which got me into trouble in the first place.  To stop this practice of testing it out each week and potentially making it worse I decided I should see someone to make sure nothing serious was done.  And at the same time I figured I should get my left foot looked at as well as the pain in my heel has been getting worse.  After getting assessed and being told I was like a typical health care practitioner who leaves things for a little too long, lol, the conclusion is as follows.  I have been diagnosed with plantar faciitis in my left foot and a sprain at the 4th tarsometatarsal joint in my right foot.  So I now have physio prescribed and I'll see how that goes.  Not exactly the way I want to start the new year but it definitely could have been a lot worse.

1 comment:

foreknowledge ltd said...

I take this to mean you will be doing a lot of swimming and maybe biking over the next 12 weeks or so?