Monday, April 23, 2012

I am one lucky girl!

Not only do I have a place to sleep, food to eat, a loving family, friends, health, and a steady and fulfilling job...I am also able to be active and enjoy the outdoors, push my body to its limits, and travel the world.  This came into my mind when I went out for my run today.  I was enjoying my run and the scenary that surrounded me and just thought how lucky I am to be able to do what I do.  It is not always easy to get out the door and put in the time and training sessions, especially when I am in between my night shifts, but I would not be doing this if I did not enjoy it.  I enjoy pushing myself and seeing what I can do.  I enjoy seeing my hard work pay off at races when I get a new PB (well, who wouldn't?! Lol!).  I also enjoy travelling to different places with my running shoes and bike and racing/training around the world meeting new people and friends!  I am really and truely a lucky girl! :)

I thought I should post some pics from my latest jaunt in Southern California.  Not only did I train and race there, I took in some beautiful scenary, spent a fabulous time with family, and even learned how to SURF!!!! Woohoo!!! I had a blast surfing and it was a success! I got on the board!  Yay! :):):)

We had some great cycling days in Santa Monica and Malibu.  The cycling there is spectacular with great climbs and some scary descents.  I climbed the likes of Piuma (total climbing of 1131m), Rockstore and Encinal Canyon (1441m total climbing), Decker and Yerba Buena (1462m climbing), and Latigo Canyon (1189m climbing).  I would have loved to have taken more pics while cycling but we were either climbing or descending and I did not want to stop or could not stop safely, lol! 

Here are some pics from my California trip (and proof that I am a lucky girl to experience all of this!):

Agoura Hills - bascamp for our training week

riding on Mulholland Hwy

Calabasas outdoor pool

Pebble Beach (17-mile drive)




riding on the Pacific Coast hwy


one of our riding routes

sunset in Malibu

Malibu beach


I just LOVE watching the water!

2 comments:

foreknowledge ltd said...

yes Wendy you ARE lucky. It's great that you know and understand it. Revel in it. Keep having fun, keep improving, and keep healthy!

Rick said...

You see? During hard work and training sometimes comes these revelatory thoughts or feelings. I've had some powerful insights while slogging through a workout.