Sunday, April 1, 2012

Quick Update!

I am now back in Agoura Hills, CA which is super close to Malibu from our one night in Oceanside where I raced my first triathlon of the season.  Quick race recap: swim time was really bad for me even though I felt ok but the water was freezing!!!!  Bike went fairly well considering it was my fourth ride of the year; I did a 2hr ride, a 3hr ride, and a 1hr ride the day before the race all within the last two weeks.  The bike course was fairly challenging and cold and windy.  I was very pleased with my run!  I ran a PB for the half IM distance!!!  I improved by more than 30sec from my Steelhead run last year and I felt that this was a bit more of a challenging run course.  Also, Steelhead was a much easier bike and the swim was cancelled so I was a bit more fresh for that run.  It took me 30 more minutes today on the bike compared to Steelhead last year with a lot more climbing before I even started the run and I had no brick training sessions under my belt.  So I was quite pleased to pull off the run that I did today!!!  Total time was just over 6hr6min which I am ok with.  I would have liked sub 6hr but I just did not have the bike training to be able to do that.  And for a March race I am pleased!  A full race report will come soon!  Now for a week of cycling training here in Agoura Hills!

No comments: