Thursday, April 4, 2013

Good News!

I just received the best news I could have gotten all week!  I had my follow up with the sports doc today post PRP.  I was going into it a bit bummed because I honestly cannot say that my poor hammy feels better. It still hurts walking, doing my rehab exercises, and even standing.  I can bike but it hurts afterwards.  I told him all this and after some poking and prodding and testing my strength he told me I may actually be doing better than I realize.  I really hope that is the case.  He said there is no muscle atrophy and my strength is good.  So he gave me the ok to start some easy running and to go back to yoga! :) Super happy about that!  The plan is to start running 2km every other day and to increase it half a km every week until I get to 20km a week.  I am to see him at the end of the month for another follow up!  I also just got orthotics and hopefully they will help with the PF I am still dealing with.  Oh ya...and along the way I managed to develop peroneal tendonosis in my right foot! Ha!  Armed with this news, I am going to give running a whirl!  Not today though...too tired and sleep deprived!  I will start tomorrow and am looking forward to it! :)

2 comments:

Madalyn Oconnell said...

Hi Wendy! It's great to hear that you're doing better. Recovering from an injury is always frustrating when you're reminded of what your body was capable of before being sidelined. Remember to not overexert yourself to not aggravate the injury. I hope you get to 100% soon. :)

Wendy said...

thanks for the well wishes! :) i plan on taking it careful! keeping my fingers crossed!