Thursday, April 18, 2013

Running

For the past six months I have been sidelined from running due to injury.  But things definitely go into perspective in light of what happened in Boston.  I had many friends and teammates running the marathon and when I first heard about what happened, a moment of fear set in.  Luckily, no one I knew was hurt but that does not change the disgusting and unimaginable of what happened to the victims and their families at a world class sporting event.  It just breaks my heart and brings me to near tears when I think how these people's lives have changed forever.  Sports usually are exempt from the awful stuff happening in the world.  Has this changed? I really hope not!  So as I slowly restart my running (I did 2km yesterday!), my mind and heart and prayers are with the families and friends of Boston.  I will continue to run and hope that somehow sports can still unite the world and be a symbol of peace and harmony.  I am a runner.  I will run.

Photo

No comments: