Saturday, December 3, 2016

One foot in front of the other!

In order to keep this blog alive, I need to be putting in some mileage.  So....what better way than getting myself out there and finally going out for a run!  I am not a runner, I do not always enjoy running because it is hard work for me, and lately I have been avoiding it because I know I will be slow!  This is in addition to being afraid of realizing my injuries haven't completely healed yet.  But I have no choice but to start from ground zero and that means I have to get out there.  This was only my second run since my last IM in August and my last run was in October...not exactly a good track record.  However, for me to be ready to start serious training in January with my new coach, I need to get myself into some form of run shape.  I missed out on the beautiful fall weather we've had and I finally went out on a cold and windy December day.  But hey, I went out!  And I enjoyed it!  I wore my Garmin to track time and distance but I ignored it during my run because I knew I would just get frustrated.  So I just went out and ran.  And check out my colourful run attire!☺



I plan on getting out frequently for short runs to get my body back into running mode.  Baby steps will be my motto for this month!  Just one foot in front of the other!

No comments: