Friday, December 16, 2016

Torture Thursdays are back!

If you were following my blog before or if you look back, you will see that I coined my Thursdays as "Torture Thursdays" or TT.  Back then, I was running with the masters track team before going to masters swim practice!  Thursdays were tough!  Since my string of injuries, I can no longer do track workouts, but I found a new way to bring back TT!  Now I teach spin class at Striation 6 from 6:30-7:30pm and then ride my bike downtown to make it to masters swim practice for 9-11pm!  Yep!  Thursdays are back to being tough!  So tough that last week my left hamstring completely seized up on me in the pool!  Oops! Not exactly fun and I was almost brought to tears!  Haha!  I do need to figure out my nutrition so that doesn't happen again.  I did manage to recover and complete the swim set though.

On another note, I was able to escape on a mid-week 3-day girls trip to celebrate a couple of birthdays!  We had some delicious meals and spent half a day at the spa including getting a massage.  I even manged to go out for a 5km run one morning in the beautiful snow.   Today we went snowshoeing!  So fun!  I did some running and boy it's quite the workout!  I think I went out for about 5km.  Maybe a new cross-training winter sport?!  Too bad it's not as accessible in the city!



No comments: