Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year!!!


Yay!  2017 is here!!!!  I am quite happy to say farewell to 2016 and bring on 2017!!!!

I decided to start the new year with a fun 5km race which started at the stroke of midnight!  I went full out and dressed up in pink and purple tutus and even won best costume for the night!  So I guess this is my first race report of 2017!  I went into this knowing it was a fun race and had no expectations.  Well, my competitive side got the best of me and I went out quite fast.  Too fast for my lack of training.  Haha!  I quickly realized that I was going too fast and tried to reign myself in.  I ended up running a 5min/km for the first kilometer and I was quite happy with that!  I still have it in me! Haha!  I tried to settle into a steady pace but with icy roads all along the way I played it safe so I wouldn't hurt myself.  Unfortunately, I did turn my ankle in the last kilometer and now I am hoping it's nothing more than a sprain.  Fingers crossed!  I clocked in at 23:43!  Not bad at all!  But my hamstrings were also not too happy with that effort!  Oops!  Next time, maybe a bit more training! Nonetheless, I had a blast and enjoyed running in downtown Toronto in a tutu at midnight!  Check out my outfit below!

 
                   Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, shoes and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, standing, sunglasses and shoes

Operation Kona 2017 is in full effect now!  I got my official first week training plan from my new coach.  I am officially signed up for my Ironman this year.  I was originally planning on Lake Placid, but my procrastination in signing up caught me in the butt and it was sold out!  So, onto plan B - Whistler!  I am actually quite excited to go back to Whistler so I can spend some time with a good friend.  I am also officially registered for the Legacy program.  Hopefully, all works out and I will be officially in the race of all races, the big kahuna, the big show on the big island of Kona.  I will find out on my birthday!!!

Soooo.....Happy New Year everyone!!!!  I wish you all a fabulous 2017 full of health, love, happiness, joy, food, warmth, and fast times!!!!  Cheers!!!

No comments: