Monday, June 27, 2011

Ironman #7 DONE!

These things do not get any easier!  I knew it was a tough course but it was downplayed as to how hard it really is!  We basically climbed up mountains and down some crazy hair-raising descents! That was probably one of the most painful things I have ever done - physically and mentally.  In a nut shell my race went like this: swim - blah!  My slowest IM swim time but I felt great out there.  Bike - pathetic!  I really need to learn how to descend because that is where I lost lots of time.  I had no problem with climbing, I just worked hard but to lose time descending just sucks!  Also my slowest IM bike time.  Run - almost fell apart!  I actually was in tears for a few seconds, haha!  However, I somehow pulled it together and went for broke on the last 10km and actually posted my best IM run time with a negative split!  Overall: 13:43:29  swim: 1:10:02, bike: 7:34:53, run: 4:47:22.  A proper race report and stats will follow sometime soon!  Off to Italy for a week starting tomorrow for some post IM fun!!!

Larbi and I with our finisher's medals!


Post race firework celebration.


2 comments:

foreknowledge ltd said...

Wendy ... fantastic finish to a very tough race! As a youth I remember running up those "Maritime Alps" ... they are no picnic. Enjoy and relax in Italy

Duncan

Wendy said...

thanks duncan!