Friday, June 17, 2011

To Zipp or not to Zipp?!?


This is the huge question boggling my mind for the past month regarding IM France!  Do I go with my carbon race wheels or stick to my aluminum clincher training wheels?  I have asked numerous people their opinion/advise and naturally got back a mix of answers! Lol!  Oh why am I so indecisive!  Any other race this would be a no-brainer....go with the race wheels!  However, there are apparently some techincal decents in Nice and I know I will be riding my breaks for most of it! Ugh!  It comes down to safety - will I have enough stopping power on the carbon rims?  Carbon rims apparently do not stop as quickly as aluminum ones and they actually make a high pitched sound when you are braking with them.  I survived Triple-T just fine with the Zipps and I was riding my breaks then as well.  Ohhhh....what to do!?!?!  I have to decide by Sunday night which is when I will be packing my bike!  Do I just suck it up and go with the carbon rims or play it safe and carry extra weight with the aluminums???

On another note, just over a week to go before the big show!!!  Ahhhh!!!!  And again, I am doubting whether I did enough! Lol!  My taper week doesn't feel like a taper week.  My legs actually feel pretty trashed!  They are sore and tired and I struggled through my run yesterday before coming into work.  Last hard effort will be this Sunday with another Olympic distance tri in Guelph!  Hope my legs feel better for that and I can put down some fast times!!!

No comments: