Saturday, June 25, 2011

It's Showtime!!!

Well it's almost time! Ironman France in just under 8hrs!!! I am ready to rock and roll!  The bike and gear bags have been checked in.  My special needs bags are ready!  I am ready!!!

My friend, Larbi, is also hear for this crazy IM adventure.  We have settled here in Nice quite nicely but have had long and tiring days.  Below is a pic of what we were greated to on our first day here - the Mediterrainean Sea!  This is also where we will be swimming tomorrow for the race.



We have trained a bit here and there to make sure our equiment is ready and our bodies are feeling good.  Although, honestly, I've just been feeling tired this week.  We rented a car for a day and tried to check out the bike course and ride the descents we have heard so much about.  Luckily, Larbi had two friends who were travelling here at the same time.  We met up and they drove the course with us and took some pics as well as be chauffeurs.  The bike course is quite specatuclar as well as challenging.  It will be interesting on Sunday, that is for sure.  Here are some pics of the course we took while on the road:

riding somewhere in the south of France

note the water we will be swimming in, in the far distance and the height we are at



photo op before taking on one of the long descents
Here are some more pics from the week including a photo op of Limey.



Larbi and I taking advantage of the scenary

And here are some pics from today at check in:


gear bags ready to go!

our run gear bags...looks like more than 2700 athletes

Where's Limey?
So a short post as I need to get to bed and try to sleep.  I got a 4am wake up call in the morning.  Hope all works out and I have a great day!!!! 

No comments: