Saturday, February 11, 2012

Getting my mojo back! :)

I am finally getting back into training mode after a bit of a hiatus.  Now, I never actually stopped training, I just wasn't focused.  If it was not for the masters clubs and yoga I would be in trouble.  I continued going to practices and classes which has kept me in decent shape.  But with race season looming I needed to be more disciplined and more focused and thanks to a new coach I am back on track! :)  I am the first to admit that I need a coach because I need to be accountable to someone.  I know what I need to do, well more like I think I know what I need to do to prepare myself for races.  I have done enough races that I could probably figure out my own training plan and stick to it.  BUT I shamefully and pathetically cannot.  I need that accountability otherwise I would just be up in the air doing what I feel like as oppose to what I need to do.  So now with more of a direction I am much more focused and I am back on the training horse!  Last week I logged just over 15 hours of training and I am heading towards that this week as well.  I finally got on the trainer which was way overdo! Lol!  In the pool I am getting my speed back and actually played with the big kids (the fastest lane) yesterday!  And I bought a year pass at Fireflow Yoga and have incorporated this into my training!  I am loving the yoga right now!!!!!  It is soooo awesome!  I get a great workout and am getting stronger!  It is a great place with great teachers and it is just so much fun!  Hopefully I will gain new strength from my practice which will help me get faster! :):):)

And just in...tomorrow I will be participating in my first ever track meet!  Eek!!!!  I was not planning on running the Ontario Masters mini meet but I am taking one for the team and will get my a$$ whooped big time out there! Ha!  UTTC needs points to maintain our first place standing and I think I can actually bring in some points being female from a younger age group.  So I will be running the 3000m tomorrow! OMG!  And in between my night shifts to boot!  Oh oh!  I have no idea how to run a track meet but I will be looking for some tips tomorrow, lol!  So wish me luck! ;)   I will report how it goes tomorrow!  Just hope I have some juice in my legs leftover for a decent run.

No comments: