Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Life on the West Coast

A quick update of my few days here so far in California!  I am in San Francisco right now visiting my family!  I am having a blast and love catching up with everyone.  The flight here was a little bit of an adventure with a possible strike and then getting a plane much smaller than what was booked.  Luckily, I got on the plane with no hassle and it was a first class plane to boot!  Woohoo!  That will probably be my first and last time on a plane like that!  Wide, big comfy seats that can fully recline with pillows and tons of leg room!  The weather on the other hand has not really cooperated and for a couple of days it was actually colder here in San Fran than back home in TO.  I did get one sunny day and I am hoping for another one tomorrow!  On the one sunny day I took advantage of it and decided to take my bike out of the bike bag and ride on the Pacific Highway.  This was the one thing I wanted to do while here in San Fran and I did it!  I rode for 3hrs along the coast and took in some breathtaking views!  It was spectacular!  I did not get that many miles in, I managed just 70km, but it was a hilly ride with a good head wind on the way out.  Some of the climbs took me by surprise but it was awesome and I was treated with amazing views.  And a plus, I actually felt good.  I was expecting to feel more sore than I did so that may be a positive sign???  But then I usually cover more distance in 3hrs, so who knows!!!  Today I ran a pretty solid 14km around Lake Merced before the rain came down.  I felt pretty good out there and am happy with where my running is right now.  AND...my foot did not hurt! Yay!  I think this shockwave therapy is actually working!!! :):):)

Here are a couple of pics of my view during my bike ride yesterday:

at Half Moon Bay

At Pacifica

No comments: