Saturday, March 3, 2012

My first race as a 34 year old...

...is set for tomorrow! Eek!!!!

I am running the Chilly Half marathon tomorrow morning in Burlington and am a little worried about it. I am severely under-trained for this. So I will consider it a really long taper! ;) Since getting treatment for my PF in my left foot I was told to back off the running. I continued to run so I wouldn't lose all running fitness but I did not do any distance stuff. I did short runs just to keep the running legs going. I am afraid that this will not be enough for a good performance over 21.1km. Furthermore, I worked last night so I need to do a short turnaround to wake up early tomorrow. I stayed up quite late today in hopes of being able to sleep tonight, however, right now I am doubting my decision on staying up late. I feel terrible! Lol! So I will see how it goes tomorrow. I am also hoping I do not aggravate the foot too much. Treatment is not cheap!

No comments: