Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Getting Excited!!!

Reality is starting to set in...Ironman in 4 days!!!! Eek!!!!!  And I am slowly starting to get excited!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Just got off my last shift this morning and after I wake up I have a little running around to do!  Besides packing and getting Limey all race ready, I have to find a wetsuit to borrow!  Yesterday I did my last long swim and opted to do it in the open water with my wetsuit.  Got the wetsuit on and noticed a large gaping hole in the lower back where the seam and zipper meet!  What?!?!  Are you kidding me?!?! Just days before the ironman and my wetsuit falls apart.  Not exactly the right time to buy a new one and break it in.  Last week my powertap died on me so I could not do my last training rides properly with power.  Now this!?  I think I may have successfully managed to get a hold of one but I will find out later tonight if this is the case.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

On another note, Limey has a new addition!  My rear Zipp wheel now has a special wheel cover and it is converted into a disc!  I was originally going to use the current disc I have but this is a new product that I was lucky enough to have given to me to test it out.  It is lighter than the current traditional disc and it also is suppose to handle better in the wind.  I am excited to try it out and have this help me ride to a new IM bike PB! ;)  I will post a pic of Limey all dressed up as soon as I have that all taken care of.  I still need to clean her, get the cassette on, and change the break pads.

With this excitement I am also getting nervous.  I know I can do this distance, geez, I've done it seven times already.  But I want to do it well and do it faster and that is where the nerves are coming in.  I almost want this soooo bad I have to be very careful with my nutrition and pacing out there.  I have to remain smart!  I was reading some of my race reports from a few years ago and reading it brought back memories of pain and suffering! lol!  (Cozumel 09 and 10 in particular!).  This has not exactly helped my nerves.  I know come race day I will be ok.  I just need to remain mentally strong.  As this distance is more about mental strength then physical strength.

Ok...I should get to bed since when I wake up I have to do a swim, bike, and run, then pack, hopefully get a wetsuit, get Limey ready, hopefully bake, and grab a few important items for the roadtrip (snacks), and the IM i.e redbull, advil! ;)

No comments: