Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back on the saddle!

I am almost completely over my cold now! Yay!  I still have a bit of a stuffy/runny  nose and a sore throat.  But I am sooo ready to get back into serious training even though work has been sucking the life out of me. Haha!  The weather today was just spectacular so I turned what was suppose to be a 1hr trainer ride into a 3+ hr outdoor ride on Limey!!!  I was sooooo happy to be out there under the autumn sun!!!  After my ride I fueled up a bit and then went out for a long run.  The run was the important workout so I didn't go balls to the wall on the bike.  I just focused on keeping a high cadence.  Unfortunately, I cannot get my Garmin 500 to read from the powertap so I have no power or cadence readings.  I need to fix this asap!  The run went ok.  I am still not running at the pace I want to be running at and I hope I can improve on this soon.  I ran 15km today so not too bad.  Just a little slower than I would like.  I am not sure what is planned for the weekend in the training department but I do hope I can take advantage of this gorgoeous weather we are having even though I am working all weekend.

No comments: