Sunday, October 24, 2010

More weekend adventures in Parry Sound!

I just got back home from another fun weekend in Parry Sound!!!  I once again travelled north to visit/stay/train with my favourite triathlon family! :)  Although training in the fall is difficult at times, I do have to say that I almost enjoy wearing all the layers, warmers, etc as I feel like a real cyclist out there!  Ok...it's just the look but its fun!  I feel more hardcore! LOL! 

I arrived Friday afternoon and went out for a 40km ride.  It is sooooo awesome to train up there and it is sooo beautiful!  Out the door and you are in cycling heaven!  No stoplights or traffic to worry about!  Saturday was a great day training and weather wise!  I rode 90km with Marianne and then did a 15km run.  That was a good workout to get under my belt!  It wasn't easy and Marianne pushed me on the bike.  Cold and windy but the sun was out!  Sunday was a bit of a disaster as it was pouring rain and freezing!  I still went out with the intention of doing at least 130km but I froze out there!  I had a puddle of water in my shoes and booties and I got to the point where I couldn't feel my hands or feet and just thought that it was stupid to stay out there!  I especially didn't want to get sick again so I bailed after 30km and headed back.  I then joined some of the Nacho guys and David on the trainer for another 1.5hrs in about 30C temperature for some Cozumel training.  Overall a good weekend of training but I was hoping for more saddle time!  Right now I am just banking on having a good base from IMC training!  We'll see!

I do have some pretty amazing news to share but am going to keep you in suspense for a little while!!!  All I am going to say now is that Team Awesome is soon going to be in action!!!  Stay tuned!!! ;)

No comments: