Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Some forced rest...

My body finally gave out on me and I got sick.  Luckily, just a cold and not a really bad one either!  I do not feel crappy but I am quite congested with a sore/scratchy throat which makes it difficult to train.  I blame one of my coworkers for getting sick as he was coughing all over the place when I was working with him one night.  Not even a week into the official start of my IM Cozumel training and everything is halted and I am forced to rest a bit more.  I still have been trying to put in some sessions just not long or hard ones.  I did a run interval workout last Tuesday which went ok for it being my first interval session since IMC.  It was hard and it wasn't pretty but I did it.  That was my last workout before I got sick.  Then I attempted a couple of runs and a ride as I had 3 nights off from work.  I ran just 8km on Thursday and this one was a bit of a struggle because I was feeling unwell and it was hard to breathe while being congested.  Friday I passed on my ride and did a 45min ride on the trainer and went to swim practice.  That went well as the pace times were generous and I didn't have to overexert myself.  Saturday I tried to run again and it went a bit better but I stopped after 12km as I was caught in the rain and it was getting cold outside.  I didn't want to make my cold any worse so I headed home instead to dry up and stay warm.  Sunday I attempted an outdoor ride.  I was planning on a 90km ride but about 10km into my ride I decided to head back home.  It was surprisingly cold outside and I wasn't that prepared for that.  So again, for the fear of getting worse, I just returned home to warm up and rode another 30min on the trainer.  This past Monday I was back in the pool for the masters swim and had another good swim workout.  I am now just hoping that I become symptom free relatively soon so I can get back into ironman training! 

No comments: