Thursday, October 21, 2010

I guess I can't PB all the time!

Again...I've been bad in the posting department!  I also haven't been stellar in the training department which is too bad since this October is already sooo much nicer than last year!!!  I did put in another 20km run and I did some shorter bike rides with Ming under the gorgeous autumn sun!  I just wish I took more advantage of the weather and put some longer rides under my belt.  Although it has been difficult with my work schedule and with getting sick.  Ah well!  Last Sunday I also ran the Toronto half marathon.  I almost was going to pass on this but Marianne had pushed me a bit to run it and I did.  I was hoping to at least match my time from last year, 1:55, but I knew that it was going to be hard.  Last year I had the luxury of Marianne pacing me and she pushed me to my new PB.  This time around I haven't put in the runs I needed to and am still a bit sick and I didn't think I had it in me to match my PB.  I went for it nonetheless but I didn't succeed.  In fact, I did quite a bit worse.  Just over 2hrs!  Ugh!  Not happy with that at all!  Ming did point out to me that I did miss some key workouts because I got sick and not to worry about it.  Thanks coach for the little pick me up! ;)  I am finally off work for a little while and am going up to Parry Sound this weekend for some great training!!! Can't wait!!!

No comments: